Saturday, July 23, 2011

Damn that Munk

This is a blog post about nothing. If you find nothing of interest in the following text, it’s because my goal this week is to provide you with a string of easily digestible words and phrases that may at first appear compelling, but in retrospect present no substantive value whatsoever. No value in the least.
To repeat, and stay with me here, there is nothing, not the slightest tidbit of information in these words that should be construed as interesting. Perhaps you continue to read because you are drawn by an inexplicable desire to find out if I am kidding, hoping that a punch line awaits. I can assure you it does not. There is nothing more to this blog than the opening sentence predicts—nothing. I am writing words, with the simple goal of writing words, nothing more, nothing less.
Some of you still reading must be asking yourselves, why? Why, after reading over-and-over again that nothing of value is to come, must I keep following along?  Perhaps you are searching between the lines for hidden metaphors or some higher purpose, for some scrap of sanity among the nonsense.
And I’m sure that by now there are several folks out there who after throwing their hands up in disgust have dropped out. “Damn that Munk,” I’ll bet they cursed, before stabbing their cursor on their browser’s BACK button, “he’s always playing around, doesn’t take nothin’ serious.”
Well, see-you-later… you impatient lot… bon voyage, and hit-the-road, because I was kidding. There IS something more to this week’s blog, something amazing, something so absolutely awe-inspiring, that those of you who have stuck around will be talking about it for weeks… or not.

Munk’s opening line…
My name is Camden and I would like to be part of you.
Munk's "Opening Line" is yours to keep, use it. Munk

This week's music:
Mazzy Star -- Fade Into You.

23 comments:

Marsha Sigman said...

Damn you and your randomness!!

Ok, not really. But it felt like an invitation I couldn't pass up.

Munk said...

@MS--Bring it.

Luanne G. Smith said...

Double damn you. I read the whole thing, you jackwagon...er, whatever that is.

Libby said...

Nicely done sir.

Anonymous said...

Is there such a thing as a "triple-damn?"

Munk said...

@LG--Yes ma'am, you get what you pay for.
@LH--I am grinning.
@BD--I have it on good authority that there is such a thing as a triple dog dog dare, therefore I say you are free to use the triple damn.

Bryan Russell said...

I was going to say something, but nothing comes to mind.

Munk said...

@BR--brilliant.

triles said...

Love it Munk-you're the man!

Dawnelle said...

Just imagine...I get to hear about Nothing every day. I love it!

Brilliant opening line.

Munk said...

@TR--no, you the man.
@D--sweet nothings.

The Gaelic Wife said...

"My name is Camden and I would like to be part of you," the stadium seemed to announce to the throngs of people as we found our seats behind home plate. Such beauty in a new stadium! Don't you just love how the Bromo-Seltzer Building lines up perfectly in the break of the stands? Do you think they planned it that way?

Munk said...

@TGW-- yes, yes, YES! Never considered Camden Yards... and I love the turn.

themajessty said...

lol. After reading your first paragraph, the hidden metaphor I came up with had to do with food.

Nice post.

Followed.

Lydia Kang said...

I love it. Junk food of the literary sort, Munk Style.

Jayne said...

Haha! The unreliable narrator? Damn you, Munk. Good stuff. ;)

Munk said...

@LDML--Food? That's cool enough. Welcome.
@LK--Munk food.
@J--unreliable yes, but only most of the time.

D. U. Okonkwo said...

Yeah that is so true and I know you're going to get what I say I think. Kind of. Yeah, so, there you go. :o)

DEZMOND said...

could be your best post ever, Munk :)))

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Your blog post today is as profound as the opening line of Moby Dick. "Call me Ishmael" is the book telling you to call it wandering. And then the book wanders from the pursuit of the white whale to details on whaling with no real sense of who or what will come next.

You say this post is about nothing and then you tell us nothing. Good job sir...good job.

It couldn't have been done better if I googled "Ninjas" and then I got a search return that said "Ninjas not found". I would salute the ninjas and say..."good job".

Munk said...

@DUO--I read you loud and obscured.
@Dez--Thanks. Who'd a thunk it... there is nothing to it.
@MO--Love the Ninja search, reminds me of the group of anarchists who could't decide on a place or time to meet.

Chicken said...

I'm Chicken. OK

Munk said...

@Chicken--OK.