Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Ten-Year-Old's Gorilla

An auto-feed paper towel dispenser ignored me this morning. Either my pre-coffee, matte-finish expression was insufficient in reflecting a requisite number of photons or the machine simply gave me the brush-off. Perhaps I appeared untrustworthy or undeserving or both. Whatever the reason, the oh-so important wipey-box would not relinquish its water absorbent booty.
So I danced. As embarrassing as it sounds I waved my hands, smiled expectantly, and pleaded audibly with the stingy machine—all to no avail.
With an air of contempt, I wiped my hands on my pants and departed, leaving the auto-dispenser to stew in its own self importance. Technology is so overrated. 


For Munk's opening line, we have a vote this week... which book would you read?

We drank to the tears of our slain enemies.


or....
We drank the tears of our slain enemies.


or... (this is a late entry offered by my 10 year old).
A deep rumbling sound emanated from the dark cavern. A split second later a giant gorilla burst through the wall.

Munk's (and now Jensen's) "Opening Lines" are yours to keep, use them. Munk

1 comment:

Lydia Kang said...

Sorry Munk, but the gorilla wins it for me.

Glad you managed to dry yourself off without the help of technology. Evaporation was invented before paper towels, anyway.